/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/logo_saa_wtag.svg 0 0 SAA Webmaster /wp-content/uploads/2022/05/logo_saa_wtag.svg SAA Webmaster2010-04-01 00:00:002022-06-08 14:09:21New Cultural Policy for Saskatchewan Released
New Cultural Policy for Saskatchewan Released
March 17, 2010
Saskatchewan’s new cultural policy Pride of Saskatchewan: A Policy Where Culture, Community and Commerce Meet sets out a framework to guide government’s development and investment in culture. It calls for the collaboration of those who have a role in the culture sector to implement the plan.
In the coming months, the Ministry of Tourism, Parks, Culture and Sport plans to:
- “work with organizations and communities to use the policy as a planning tool;
- implement The Arts Professions Act;
- continue to support Culture on the Go, Creative Industry Growth and Sustainability program and Building Pride;
- research best practices to strengthen the sector;
- develop outcome measurements to gauge progress and report on success; and
- work with other ministries to implement the policy across government.”
Information on the development of Pride of Saskatchewan can be found in Moving from Reflection to Action: Towards a Cultural Policy for Saskatchewan.