The S.A.C. is a friendly community of songwriters here to support each other in the creative journey. We also advocate on behalf of songwriters to protect the value of our work. Being a member has many privileges including opportunities to network, get your music heard, as well as honing the craft. Why not join today and start connecting with others through our on-line community. You can also protect your work through the Canadian Song Vault, or have your music assessed through the Song Assessment Service.
The S.A.C. exists to nurture, develop and protect the creative, business, and legal interests of music creators in Canada and around the world.
Advocacy – Education – Community
- An association led by active professional and amateur songwriters, the S.A.C. is committed to the development and recognition of Canadian composers, lyricists and songwriters by pursuing:
- their right to benefit from and receive fair compensation for, the use of their work;
- the advancement of the craft and enterprise of songwriting through educational programs, networking opportunities, dissemination of business knowledge and other services;
- a more favorable environment through the provision of a united national voice when dealing with government, the music industry and the general public; and
- the development of activities which allow members to reach out and enjoy the sense of community shared by songwriters.
Part of the S.A.C.’s mandate is to establish activities which allow members to reach out and enjoy a sense of community.
Many of our songwriters experience this aspect of membership by attending various monthly events such as Date With A Demo and SongStage, or by participating in the private online discussion conferences of our Online Community.
A new initiative launched in September 2005 aims to provide members in regions all across Canada with an opportunity to create their own local songwriting community through the S.A.C. Regional Writers’ Group program. For more information check the calendar for a group in your community, or contact us at 866-456-7664.