Saskatchewan Craft Council
The Saskatchewan Craft Council (SCC) is a non-profit organization representing professional Craft Artists, Craft organizations, and patrons of Fine Craft in the province of Saskatchewan. Its mandate is to promote excellence in Craft.
To assist craft artists sell their work, the SCC:
- Organizes three major craft markets – Waterfront (Saskatoon), Saskatchewan Handcraft Festival (Battleford), and Wintergreen (Regina);
- Serves as a clearing house for information on opportunities;
- Provides craft people with inexpensive and attractive web exposure with our Membership Directory; and
- Assists other organizations that sell Saskatchewan craft with their promotion.
To promote the appreciation of Fine Craft as an art form, the SCC:
- Operates Affinity Gallery (813 Broadway Avenue, Saskatoon). This is Saskatchewan’s only public exhibition gallery dedicated solely to the celebration of Fine Craft as an art form;
- Organizes, curates and tours exhibitions, most notably Dimensions – Canada’s longest running, open, juried craft exhibition;
- Conducts workshops, lectures, and other educational activities.
To encourage the pursuit of excellence, the SCC:
- Conducts a jury process that serves as a certification of quality in 18 different craft media;
- Hosts the bi-annual EMMA International Collaboration – an event that brings one hundred craft artists and artisans to Saskatchewan for a week of collaborative creation and learning.