Season’s greetings and an update from our Executive Director
Warm wishes for the holiday season and a Happy New Year!
On behalf of the SAA board of directors and staff, I wish you and yours a peaceful holiday season and a very safe and Happy New Year.
2022 was a busy year for all of us here at the SAA:
- We launched a letter-writing campaign asking the arts community members to write their MLA, the Premier, and/or the Minister of Parks, Culture, and Sport about the critical role of the arts in our province and to increase arts spending. We have since heard that these letters are reaching the intended desks and making an impression!
- SAA worked with Strategy Labs to design and create our new website. We are proud of how it turned out. Check it out at saskartsalliance.ca.
- After a series of consultations, we began the process of diversifying our board of directors and adding more voices to the table. We also started renewing our governance processes and bylaws to reflect the organization we are today and the organization we strive to become.
- We hired a full-time, permanent, in-house Research Lead, Ariana Malthaner and a part-time contract Digital Media Collaborator, Tia Furstenberg.
- For our members – we worked with Kelly Hill from Hill Strategies (Statistical Insights in the Arts) to include a premium membership to his Substack as a member benefit to all SAA Members. For more information or to access this great resource, contact us to get the login information. We are always happy to hear from our community!
As another year comes to a close, it’s time to reflect upon accomplishments and look forward to what’s coming. In 2023, stay tuned for our latest endeavour – Arts Everywhere: A SAA Podcast. This podcast will feature Saskatchewan artists, arts administrators and icons. More details to follow on our social media and website.
During the holiday season, many elected officials stay in their home ridings; this can present a good opportunity to bring them season’s greetings. If you can, take the opportunity to talk about the good work you do and the many benefits the arts offer our province.
Thank you again to you and to all our members – you truly add strength to our collective voice. I look forward to continuing our work in the new year. Have a peaceful and happy holiday season.
Em Ironstar, Executive Director