Saskatchewan Interactive Media Association Inc. (SIMA) is the professional organization representing interactive media developers in Saskatchewan. As that professional voice, SIMA represents members involved in the development of content-based interactive digital media, as well as consumers and stakeholders. The Association acts on behalf of its members to represent their views to Government, Industry, the News Media, and to the general public.
Our mission is to foster the growth of the interactive media industry.
Our primary objectives are:
- To foster the growth of the industry to create economic opportunities and jobs.
- To provide a network to enhance communication within the industry and act as an advocate for the industry.
- To provide professional development opportunities to respond to the creative, technical and administrative needs of the industry.
- To raise public awareness of the SaskInteractive and the benefits of utilizing new media.
- To increase the profile of the industry and enable marketing and exporting opportunities.
- To liaise between educational institutions and the industry to enhance training opportunities.
- To work with government in developing policies that will encourage the growth of the industry.
- To showcase developers and their achievements to each other and the world at large.