Employment Insurance special benefits for self-employed people


Under the Employment Insurance Act, self-employed Canadians and permanent residents—those who work for themselves—are able to apply for EI special benefits if they are registered for access to the EI program.

“This booklet outlines what EI special benefits are available, who can register for them, how they are calculated, and how long they can be paid.

EI special benefits are part of the EI program, which is administered by the Government of Canada.”