Exporting your cultural products can be complicated and complex. You have to ask yourself: Am I ready to launch my art on the world stage?
CHRC’s Export Marketing Competency Chart highlights the full range of skills you need to be successful in this exciting move to a global market. It shows that you must be able to:
- A – Assess Export Readiness
- B – Research Export Markets and Issues
- C – Develop Strategic Export Plan
- D – Finance Export Projects
- E – Develop Marketing Strategy
- F – Negotiate Contracts and Agreements
- G – Manage Projects
- H – Cultivate Relationships
- I – Communicate
- J – Demonstrate Personal Competencies
An accompanying Export Marketing Competency Profile, provides more detail in terms of the tasks, sub-tasks and important actions associated with each of the above skills.