The Canadian Authors Association (CAA) is a national organization with a local presence dedicated to promoting a flourishing community of writers across Canada and to encourage works of literary and artistic merit.
The organization does this by:
- establishing and maintaining professional standards,
- promoting professionalism and good practices,
- providing opportunities for professional development,
- promoting the fair and equitable treatment of writers,
- working in partnership with other relevant organizations, and
- promoting awareness of Canada’s writing and publishing environment.