The Canadian Art Therapy Association welcomes the recognition and participation of Art Therapists and individuals interested in the promotion and advancement of Art Therapy for healing and recovery of the individual in need.
- To encourage professional growth of Art Therapy, through the exchange and collaboration of Art Therapists, Art Therapy students and professionals in related fields
- To promote and maintain national standards of training, practice and professional registration
- To foster research and publications in Art Therapy
- To increase awareness of Art Therapy as an important mental health discipline within the community services
- Bi-annual publication of a journal and tri-annual publication of a newsletter
- Organization of seminars and exhibits which provide on-going contact with the Art Therapy community as well as other mental health professionals
- For Registered and Professional Members: professional liability insurance is available at a reasonable rate
Annual conference convened each Autumn.